Thoughts on Search Engine Optimization Focus and Ramblings

Recently their is continued focus on organic search engine optimization as cost per click campaigns continue to be more expensive. Companies are in the middle stages of redesign and preparing for the critical 3rd and 4 th quarters. Given the myriad of different approaches one of the most frequently asked questions is where does one focus ones efforts?

Start with Google, they continue to dominate market share and are growing in the marketplace. Their influnce cannot be denied. There market share grew another 5% to over 45% of all individuals making searches and the total number of actaul searches they served was up close to 50% from the previous Dec. Stats are from December 2005 to December 2004. Search much like email is a killer app and all business flow and marketing must take these two into account.

Use the FREE services available at Google from data feeds on Froogle to Free Catalog submissions and Free Site map submissions.

More Google to come. An upcomng discussion will cover how much Google do you want in your business vs your personal life. A recent Book that has been published that is a great introduction to Google is from Dave Taylor - The Complete Idiot's Guide to Growing Your Business with Google.

Random thoughts while making transition. The support from the community has been very positive thank you. Mountain Sports Club interest continues to grow. We expect over 50,000 registered users for the coming season. New distribution partners will be announced in the coming weeks. Initially we are offering lodging and activity services/business listings on a trade out basis. No cash outlay. We will prove the value offering first. Resort offers and other property committments are coming in as we speak.

Need help with your PR efforts. Exciting onlione solution to become available through Siewierski Consulting. Final details will be available by Memorial Day. Let me know your thoughts and fire the questions. Email me at

Have a great day,